Friday, January 29, 2010

Too Long


Hey all.
I hope that you are all well.
I look forward to getting back into the groove but have been out of town for a few days.
Winter continues but I have seen a few of you out there on your bikes.
The other night I was heading down to an evening meeting on the SW side and noticed a bike commuter all decked out in yellow and cruising down Broadway at about 6:45PM. I was stoked to see him. Then after the meeting that same night I dropped the work truck off at the City County Building and rode home at about 9:30 and saw another bike commuter on the bike route on Tennessee. Unbelievable!


On a side note. I was recently in Phoenix and there is a lot of great bike infrastructure in place. Not only do they have trails along the canals that bring water to this sprawling landscape but they have bike lanes all over the place. Not on the main roads but on the secondary connector roads. As I think I have stated in the past, Phoenix is laid out on a grid system making it much easier to get around without being on the main roads. I haven't seen many commuters though. A handfull at the most which is unusual considering this is the best time of year to commute for Phoenicians. Where was I going....oh yeah, I am happy to see the bike commuters out in Fort Wayne even in the "off" riding season.
Stay safe out there all.

No comments: