Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bicycle Commuters Unite?




I have been thinking a lot lately about the blog and the necessity of it. I am not ready to shut it down don't get me wrong. But I find that I can only find so much material to talk about. I have been discussing the issue with my wife and we have talked about taking Fort Wayne Bike Commuter to another level. About adding an s to the end of it. I am not the only Bike commuter in Fort Wayne. We are Fort Wayne Bike Commuters.
We are the ones out on the streets seeing the issues thinking about ways to better our commute and the commutes of others. Ways to get more people commuting on their bikes other than wishing that the price of gas goes up.
I have been thinking that a logical step is to have a get together for a meeting. "Hi, my name is (insert name here) and I am a bike commuter."
"Hi, (inserted name here)."
So if you would be interested on something like this then shoot me an email.
I think that we are a voice that is not normally considered that should be heard in a more organized and legitimate manner.
Bicycle commuters unite!
Once I get some interested parties, we'll get it scheduled and I will post the date and time for everyone.
Could be fun and could help to further our cause.
Thanks.
fwbikecommuter@gmail.com

No comments: