Saturday, January 24, 2009

How not to get hit by cars

Does it get any better.

I don't know where I found this but it is sweet and offers invaluable information that will keep you safe(er).

http://bicyclesafe.com/

I especially like the one about riding further to the left, in the lane of traffic. So many streets here in FW are too narrow for cars to be able to pass a bicyclist safely. Thus far I have been using this advice on Lake, Columbia, Main, and Crescent, and it has been working for me. Although deep down in my heart I know it is just killing those in cars that have to add 15-30 seconds to their commute while they wait to pass me safely.

I also like the slow down warnings that this site gives. You don't really think about it but it makes sense that automobile operators have a better shot at noticing you if you are traveling at a lower rate of speed.

Enjoy and Ride On!

No comments: