Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Indianapolis: Riding into the future

City plans 33 miles of new bike lanes this year | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

It is very exciting for cyclists in Indy.
Here they have a Mayor that understands that it is necessary to give vulnerable road users infrastructure.
In my view, it makes the city that much more desirable.
It is impossible to predict the future but we all can agree that the price of gas will rise. This Republican, Mayor Ballad, sees that investment in the future of his community is the responsible and right thing to do. For that, I applaud him.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

2 comments:

Big Oak said...

That is cool. Although having bike lanes is good, safely sharing the roads with motorists is even better. I like seeing all of the "Share the Road" signs around Ft. Wayne and out in Allen County.

fwbikecommuter said...

I think that sharing the road is important as well Big Oak. I know that having my own part of the road, as a vulnerable road user, helps me to feel safer. Thanks for reading.