Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Real Geeks Ride

Hi all.
I have been a bit distant of late and for that I am sorry.
I have had a lot on my plate of late.
I don't know if you all are aware but there are two guys, Joe and Carlos, riding across the country starting on May 20th to attempt to get 1000 people to commit to ride their bikes to work.
They will be in Fort Wayne on June 6th and 7th. I have been in contact with them to ask about what they want to do. They want to get their message out and they are looking for help. I talked to the owner of Fort Wayne Outfitters . Tim Hall graciously offered to help. We have it set for Sunday afternoon (June 7th) , so mark your calendars and I will give an update as soon as I have one. We are thinking a kind of reception where everyone can come down and meet the "Geeks" and maybe have a little something or other. Thanks again Tim for agreeing to help out. FW Outfitters has such a great location, right on the Rivergreenway, right on the River, it should be great.
I have been asking people what else we should do but I haven't asked all of you so gimme some input. I did contact the Tin Caps and asked if they could help us out with something since the Tin Caps are in town that weekend. I will let you know.
Anyway, if you all have anything to add or questions to ask let me know. I am not much of an event planner but I figure will all of the activity with regard to Bike Commuting that is going on this will just add to the fun!
Ride On.

No comments: