Sunday, November 9, 2008

Winter


Well, it feels as if it finally has arrived.
I have challenged myself to ride full time this year and if I am going to do that then I need new tires and here is what Joe Breeze (The guy who made my bike) recommends.
Marathon Winter HS 396
For a safer journey. You have full control on icy roads with the Marathon Winter. Even in tight bends and under violent braking everything remains under control. The spikes work best on ice when running at minimum pressure, while at maximum pressure the tires can be ridden on ice-free roads with minimal road noise..

Granted, these things are not cheap. So I figured out how much I was going to spend on riding the Citilink bus every day and figured that I would ride it at least until the middle of March and I am going for it!
So I should have some interesting stories to tell come the next few months.
I have already started to scout some more less traveled routes to keep safe so i know that it is going to take me longer to get to work but I am really looking forward to it. the change should be nice.

No comments: