Friday, February 20, 2009

A great reason to ride your bike, it can help to save the planet

You can help to make the planet better for you and for those you love.
Great post from a reader of the FWBC. Thanks Ben.
http://benthewriter.blogspot.com/2009/02/ocean-and-life-on-earth.html

We all need to get off our asses and start caring about all that we do. From what we buy and consume to how we get to work, it all makes a difference.

On that note, while I was at the State of the 2nd District with our Councilwoman, Karen Goldner, the topic of recycling came up. Deputy Mayor, Greg Purcell got up and told the group that only 30% of the people in Fort Wayne recycle. This statistic is abominable. C'mon people. WAKE UP!

That is all.

2 comments:

Ben Sloan said...

Woah- thanks for the mention! When I read the title I was like, "Hey, cool. I just wrote about this, too." Then my brain exploded.

My Breezer Citizen is supposed to come in today-! I had to buy it through Ebay, though, so I get to figure out how to put it together.

I hope I'm as happy with it as you are with your Villager. I think I will be...

fwbikecommuter said...

Ben,
Good luck assembling your Citizen!
I couldn't be happier with Brezzer's customer service. If you don't feel confident take it to your local shop and they should do it for a fee (of course). Thanks again for the great material. Talk to you soon.